Friday, October 29, 2010

DO YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK? By: Maggie Lewis

What do you do after you get home? Some people stay at LMS and go to sports practice, maybe watch some TV, play video games, do your homework…

However, when some people get home they go straight to Facebook!! You can chat with friends, look at their status, find old friends, maybe pick a date for a party.Many people use it often, like 8th grader McKenzie Hersh, who has 791 friends. 7th grader Maddy Moya said, “I go straight to Facebook when I get home. I like to look at my news feed.”

Also 7th grader Anonymous said, “I like to look and see if my old friends from my old school have [a Facebook]. I like to play Petville and take quizzes.” Katie Rathjen said, ”I have 0 friends on Facebook cause I don’t have one.” Many teachers have a Facebook account as well, but likely will not be friends with their students for privacy purposes.

Just remember, if you use this social site, be responsible and kind, don’t “friend” strangers, and have fun :)